Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lootpack - Soundpieces: Da Antidote!



  Gotta start this off with one of my all time favorite albums.  I stumbled across this group in 2007 or 08 some where around there.  This was my introduction to Stones Throw records (little did I know this would end up being one of my favorite record labels)

  When I first got a hold of this album I had no idea what I was in for.  Never knew of Madlib or his production really or Wildchild & Romes.  I remember listening to this album and just playing it all the way through and thought to myself this is one of the rawest and good feeling albums I have heard maybe all my life.  I didn’t skip a track I was engaged in every sound that was hitting my ear.  All the other MC’s on their caught my attention and would later learn to love their music as well (Declaime, MED, Kazi, Gods Gift, Dilated Peoples, Quasimoto)

Artist - Lootpack
Album - Soundpeices Da Antidote!
Label - Stones Throw
Release - US 1999

If you haven’t yet listened to this album do yourself a favor and put this on play and enjoy the ride.  Just remember Wack MC’s Please All Yall Get Annihilated



No comments:

Post a Comment